Software Development Engineer (Cloud Security)
- New Century, KS
Come join a team making a global impact for hundreds for thousands of developers that harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable applications, websites, and businesses. This truly innovative team owns security for all the services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and many others. As an AWS software engineer, you will solve complex security challenges at a massive scale. Our team deals with immense quantities of data from millions of sources to monitor and support hundreds of AWS teams keeping their services secure. At AWS Security...we engineer disruptive, history changing innovations.
You'll work on complex customer-centric software, solving security hurdles in innovative ways while communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
You'll be part of a highly respected team that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up, with the backing and stability of AWS. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success.
You're encourage to share your passion for clean code with junior software engineers on maintain architectural vision and software quality; molding them to more effective and productive developers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development with at least one programming language (Java, C/C++, C#, Python, GO)
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience developing software solutions for security applications.
• Experience in delivering solutions using AWS products, such as DynamoDB, S3, SQS/SNS, Lambda, Elastic Search & EC2.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top