Help craft the future of how Amazonian's access customer data. You and your team are charged with securing the devices that Amazonians use, from the Hardware to the tools that run on it. Protect our customer information from malicious groups and programs by building Firmware, an Operating System, Software, and Remote Management Systems. Keep the business running by building horizontally-scalable and highly available distributed services, and anomaly/problem detection systems.
As a Software Development Engineer, you influence the future for the components and systems you build from inception to execution. You design, plan, engineer, test, release, and support critical software systems. You apply algorithms and security practices to construct Operating System Components, Services, Tools, Workflows, and Monitoring Solutions that secure our devices from malware, and communications from malicious eavesdroppers. You will make a difference in this space for the thousands of representatives who use our tool and the millions of customers they support.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• 3+ years of experience using C++ and/or Java
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Understanding of Software Security Concepts such as Encryption, Signing, Authentication.
• Experience in building highly-available and scalable distributed services / distributed systems.
• Strong ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Familiarity with low-level Operating Systems concepts such as Kernel, Drivers, Graphics, and Firmware.
• Understanding of Software Engineering processes and best practices.
• Experienced in leading Software Development process improvement initiatives.
• 3+ years of practice as a Software Developer, Software Engineer (SE), Software Development Engineer (SDE), Embedded Software Engineer, Security Software Engineer, or Security Software Developer.
• Able to work in Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.