Software Development Engineer, Client Security
- Toronto, Canada
Help craft the future of how Amazonian's access customer data. You and your team are charged with building remote management systems that control and secure thousands of devices that Amazonians use. Protect our customer information by building systems that apply access control, detect malware and manage vulnerabilities and compliance. Keep the business running by building horizontally-scalable and highly available distributed services, and anomaly/problem detection systems.
As a Software Development Engineer, you influence the future for the components and systems you build from inception to execution. You design, plan, engineer, test, release, and support critical software systems. Our remote management systems process gigabytes of device telemetry every hour and apply algorithms and security practices to ensure our customer data is safe. You will own the full stack including Operating System components, browser plugins, services and algorithms associated with these areas.
Our team is deeply invested in the personal growth of our engineers through collaborative peer interactions and regular discussions with management on career development. You will grow, and you will have the independent ability to make a difference in this space for the thousands of representatives who use our devices and the millions of customers they support. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Understanding of Software Security Concepts such as Encryption, Signing, Authentication.
• Experience in building highly-available and scalable distributed services / distributed systems.
• Strong ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Understanding of Software Engineering processes and best practices.
• Experienced in driving Software Development process improvement initiatives.
• Able to work in Toronto, Canada (YYZ).
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top