Software Development Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
Does the challenge of advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that drives billions of dollars in revenue excite you? Have you ever wanted to work on problems that will make a lasting impact, solving key problems that impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers? If you are passionate about solving complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you.
The T1 Seller Development (T1SD) organization owns the charter to drive WW seller growth on Amazon. Our products are strategically important to the long term growth of Amazon's consumer businesses, and our organization's initiatives are highly visible to Amazon's executive leadership. We will accomplish the ambitious growth goal through building innovative and scalable technical products and platform.
We are seeking passionate software development engineers to join our team to build the core growth recommendation platform that pioneers the best seller growth experience. This is a great opportunity to build a greenfield large scale software system that serves as the foundation of our vision for the years to come.
As an SDE on our start-up team, you will be building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support sellers around the world on Amazon. The ideal candidate should have a very strong customer focus coupled with a passion for continuous, data driven improvements. They should have a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems. A commitment to mentoring, teamwork, agility, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance services requires exceptional technical expertise and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals.
If you like designing and building from the ground up, having no legacy code to maintain, insisting on high standards and having a strong commitment to teamwork you'll fit right in!
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of professional experience with Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of professional experience with Master's degree
• Proficiency in C++ or Java development
• Proficiency in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience building eCommerce sites and back end systems.
• Experience developing Unit Tests using tools such as JUnit to verify your code quality.
• Experience with AWS services EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, etc, or other cloud compute-based services and platforms.
Back to top