Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to work on game-changing features that has a potential to change fashion industry? We are pushing the boundaries of technologies, from garment designing till manufacturing. The technologies we work on include, but not limited to- machine learning, image processing, serverless architecture and wide range of AWS products. We use Java, Python for back-end development and React for front-end. We are a team that values innovation, experimentation and learning, creating ground-breaking products. This also gives you an exposure to the end-to-end of fashion supply chain. We have currently filed for 3 patents and are working on many more. If you are interested in being part of this drive, come join us as Software Development Engineer.
We are looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer who loves solving hard problems to be a part of a highly self-motivated team in building up a new program and a delightful customer experience.
Our technical challenges involve a combination of back-end software engineering, user interface development, and applied science. As a software engineer on the team:
• You will design and build distributed systems, building front end applications and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience.
• You will build software that scales effortlessly, has low latency, is robust and extensible.
• You will work with cross-functional teams including UI/UX designers, machine learning scientists, product managers, and other software engineers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including Object Oriented Design, data structures and algorithms
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience programming defensively and writing unit/integration/functional and regression tests.
• A demonstrated mindset of continuous improvement, applied to oneself and others.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers from ground up
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience with front-end development.
• Experience with machine learning.
• Experience designing or evolving system architecture.
• Experience mentoring other engineers.
• Experience getting things done through collaboration with engineers on multiple teams.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Back to top