Do you want to play a pivotal role in helping Amazon development teams internationalize their features and delight our customers across the globe? The International Technology (INTech) organization is looking for a highly motivated SDE-I to support Amazon's long-term vision of building and deploying features for international markets from day one.
The content experience guard team is being formed with the charter to programmatically and automatically monitor and fix the quality of translation and localization world wide across all Amazon properties. Our aim is to ensure that each Amazon customer, no matter their location or preferred language gets a fully immersive experience. To that end we will use varying techniques and tools such as NLP, machine learning, machine translation and other analytics processes to continually improve our monitoring and detection capabilities while reducing overhead on human localization efforts.
If you are looking for an opportunity that will stretch your knowledge, challenge you to learn and develop new skills, and encourage you to creatively solve problems at scale, this job might be the right one for you. You will have the opportunity to work directly with core platform and customer-facing teams, internationalization gurus, and business leaders across Amazon.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
• Solid software development background including design patterns, object oriented programming, data structures and algorithms.
• Experience building web services and highly scalable applications.
• Strong understanding of relational databases, including SQL.
• Experience with scrum methodologies.
• Database and data mining systems.
• Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
• Master's degree in computer science.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
• A good understanding of SDLC models and a track record of shipping software efficiently. You recognize the difference between building software and shipping software.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.