Software Development Engineer
- Madrid, Spain
Our mission is to have every book in every language available in 60 seconds or les
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to be part of a team of Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and Marketers responsible for designing and implementing machine learning-based solutions to engage customers through their lifecycle with Kindle.
You will work closely with business and product teams to spearhead innovative new solutions in the areas of marketing, merchandising, and social engagement. You will be a primary participant in building/adopting the right technology, services, and applications. You will help form a culture that constantly iterates, simplifies, and removes inefficiencies. You are highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products that customers love.
• Bachelor's Degree degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience developing scalable web services and/or application
• Academic and/or strong industry experience with standard AI, ML techniques, and data processing.
• Experience launching/supporting complex projects with multiple external dependencies.
• Experience owning mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with Spark and AWS technologies.
• Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on complex technical issues.
• Ability to develop solutions to solve business problems through analyzing, understanding large amounts of data.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, "start-up" open team environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top