The Amazon Certificate Manager, ACM, team is in need of more humans who believe that security and infrastructure code deserves the same attention to customer experience, ease of use, and long term vision as any feature in a company's portfolio. The ACM team's mission is to look at how large organizations such as Amazon manage their public and private key infrastructure and remove all of the rough edges that plague developers who shouldn't need to be certificate experts to run secure services. The ACM team members are multipliers for Amazon by building products that are used by thousands of teams across the company.
You don't need to be a certificate or security expert to excel on this team. We are looking for engineers who understand how to build things the right way. Engineers who understand available and scalable systems start with requirements and designs that account for testability and operations and are not the last thing to be built at the end. We are looking for engineers who understand that working with teammates and customers is a critical skill in delivering the right product on time.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• Experience in building web services or service oriented architectures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
• Experience mentoring junior engineers and creating inclusive environments for teammates
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with other developers to deliver complex projects
• Strong and creative problem solving abilities
• Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
• Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
• Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
• Experience with large scale systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.