This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Alexa is seeking an experienced Software Development Engineer to deliver new and exciting customer features with a greenfield technology. In this role you will have the opportunity to think big, work with a team of talented engineers, and build new features and services from scratch.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Alexa and improving the lives of customers through great technology. You have a track record of successfully delivering new and technically challenging products. You are entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are excited about creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products with your sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building distributed systems. You have experience collaborating with other talented engineers to bring great ideas to life.
This position is located in Arlington, Virginia (HQ2).
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 1+ experience designing and developing full-stack consumer applications
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
• Experience communicating with other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web mobile app development.
• Experience working with modern cloud tools / services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us