Software Development Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
The DOIT organization is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join an engineering group in Dublin as part of a strategic investment to build technology that will enable Amazon to adopt the most scientific approach to Global Talent Management. DOIT builds intelligent products and services that offer a consumer grade user experience and use science to manage talent development at Amazon by embracing our leadership principles culture. Our engineering teams include big data engineering, machine learning, micro-service software development, front-end software development, and user experience design. In DOIT we are building the intelligence that will enable Amazon to retain its unique "Day One" company culture whilst growing its talent base in excess of 1 Million employees.
As a software developer you will join a team of engineers responsible for building the data infrastructure necessary to support the management and vending of HR data across products and services. You be passionate about big data and will take part in engineering our data lake, and ensure that all our information security requirements are implemented across data and APIs addressing data privacy, security, anonymity and retention policies. Your data architecture will scale to the size of Amazon and will enable building of Machine Learning models that will enable us to build more intelligence in our product to serve the needs of our employees.
Are you passionate about developing website architectures that scale and perform at high availability? Are you passionate about analytics and machine learning? Do you have the customer obsession to build a highly available website experience to hundreds of thousands of Amazon employees? DOIT, come invent with us!
You will join our community of engineers and contribute to defining and raising technical standards across the DOIT organization. You will work on Amazon's hardest problems. You will exert technical vision and will build highly scalable, architecturally sound solutions that are aligned with our business needs. You will possess a unique blend of technical breadth and depth, paired with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- A proven track record in architecting and shipping innovative and highly scalable cloud systems in an agile environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A proven track record of making good technical judgement.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Highly organized individual
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java or other
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience with various industry analytics and monitoring platforms.
- Machine learning experience.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience of building solutions using AWS technologies.
Back to top