Consumer Payments builds the foundational systems and products that allow Amazon to accept payments for all goods, content, and services that people buy in Amazon around the world. We work to create trusted payment transaction experiences and financial products that empower anyone to engage with Amazon. From the Credit Products teams to the Gift Cards teams, Consumer Payments creates and manages a global portfolio of payment products and applications that has direct impact on millions across the globe. We address the questions of how to enable access, scale products into new markets, and create seamless experiences for different demographics in different regions under massive traffic.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• MS or PhD is computer science or equivalent preferred
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with system architecture/design, distributed systems operating in a scalable /high volume environment
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong written/spoken communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer - F/M/V/D