Amazon Operations HR seeks a software engineer who excels in turning big ideas into practical solutions. In OpsHR Technology, we use modern technologies to solve complex problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experience that empowers employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere. As our solutions simplify and automate tedious manual tasks, more people can focus on meaningful work. We make life better for hundreds of thousands of fellow Amazonians.
We are seeking engineers that like solving hard problems. If you have already designed products that scale to meet demand, combine the best of internal and external services, and grow to meet the complex needs of your customers, you will fit right in. We are technical experts, but we go further. We know technology always exists in a larger context, so we create technical solutions from our customer's perspective to guarantee our solutions always deliver the intended result. If you want unsolved problems that will take you beyond your technical abilities, OpsHR Technology is the place for you.
Choose to join us and you will own the design of major features from end-to-end, from Web UI to dependent services and persistent storage. Can you work with engineers from many backgrounds to translate designs into quality software that is highly scalable, available, low latency, and high performing... and reflects the best combination of the ideas in the room? If you can, your design will get into production... so get ready to interact directly with the people who use your software, hear their feedback and use it to make your system even better!
The OpsHR A To Z team team is reinventing how Amazonians manage their work life. Are you ready to take on the biggest opportunity you ever had fun solving?
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience building scalable software with distributed systems.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Able to solve difficult problems with ambiguity.
• Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate risks early in the process to avoid feature delays.
• Can decompose a problem into clear software design actions.
• Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.