Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high-volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. You will be working cross-functionally with Operations & Engineering groups to develop systems that support cutting edge products developed by Amazon. The candidate has to be driven and be able to handle multiple projects with ease.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work with diverse teams throughout Amazon to deliver mission-critical systems
- Deliver high-quality work
- Instill best practices for Agile software development and documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, design patterns, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 2+ years of experience in design and architecture of complex scalable systems
- 3+ years of experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Experience with RDBMS databases and capable of writing optimized SQL queries
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly driven and experience working independently in collaborative environment with other team members
- Excellent communication skills and works well in an Agile team environment
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top