Software Development Engineer
- Irvine, CA
Are you passionate about developing customer experiences in applications?
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Alexa's cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave. We deliver world-class products that are used every day, by people you know on aggressive schedules
Come join our team and help us bring to life the next generation of Alexa to our own mobile device experience. We're looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
Our team brings in Hands-Free Alexa Assistant to Android smartphones around the globe. Our goal is to make Alexa available to our customers on the go. Our engineers are top-notch developers who love listening to customers, working as a team. The successful candidate will be responsible for building high-performing, scalable software to deliver the next generation of experiences on Alexa Mobile integrating solutions from multiple internal and external partners. The global scale of this opportunity is massive such that you will have an outsized impact on Amazon's overall Alexa business. If you are customer obsessed, thrive on delivering results, enjoy coaching team members, and have a strong bias for action, this role could be a great opportunity for you.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of engineering experience.
• Engineering process experience, with an understanding of Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
• 2+ years of software development experience on a consumer Mobile platform using Android.
• Masters Degree preferred.
• User interface experience.
• Superior design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with design patterns.
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top