Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV. What will you help us create?
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
The Platform team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, low-power, stable platform & framework. As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
You will work closely with the hardware, operations, user-space, and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Design & implementation of Camera HAL & Camera related features.
- Implement framework features and components.
- Design & Implement feature improvements
- Provide testing facilities
- Work with the kernel & hardware team on kernel/hardware related functionality.
- Travel internationally and domestically occasionally
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 5+ years experience doing hands-on software development, with 3+ years' experience writing low level framework code
- Design & implementation of multiple framework components
- Experience in design & development of complex framework component.
- Framework experience is a plus
- Some linux kernel experience is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top