Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The team behind Amazon's account creation and sign-in experience is looking for an intelligent, motivated, and driven software developer to develop new experiences at the intersection of customer experience and security. This is a new team, chartered to make the customer experiences of creating a new account, signing into an account, recovering an account, and managing an account as delightfully efficient as possible for customers who are moments away from streaming an Amazon original, using their new Echo, completing a purchase on Audible, or any other destination that requires customers to be authenticated. This is also a highly important team. Every aspect of Amazon depends on our systems to know who the customer is; if our systems are not up and running, the company stops. We balance keeping our systems fast, scalable and performant (no exceptions!) with rapidly delivering great features for Amazon customers. In short, we get to own and innovate on a critical customer experience while also supporting nearly every other business at the company; the best of both worlds!
We are looking for software engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads. Our systems manage hundreds of millions of customer records, and respond to millions of transactions per minute. We are looking for developers who are passionate about building intuitive and secure customer experiences and who love the challenge of building performant and robust systems at scale. Come join our team of developers, experts in building and supporting large scale Java services used by the millions of customers logging into their accounts every minute.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on three years' experience for every one year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Fluency in Java, C# or other OO language (Java preferred)
• Computer science fundamentals in object oriented design
• Computer science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Clear, professional communication skills to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Thorough understanding of systems architecture; able to deep dive to determine root cause of issues
• Understanding of OAuth, OpenID, other authentication/authorization protocols
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top