Software Development Engineer, Capacity Optimization Planning & Analysis
- Seattle, WA
Want to help build the future? How about the software that powers Amazon's increasingly automation-driven Amazon Robotics Fulfillment Centers?
Automation is happening, and with it comes complexity. We need a superstar Senior Software Development Engineer to help us expand a core team at the very heart of Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT): The Capacity Optimization Planning and Analysis team. As the team's Senior Software Developer, you'll own and help drive the technical and architectural vision for a platform that models (in real-time) the capacity and the constraints for millions of customer shipments, moving through Amazon's global network of 100s fulfillment centers.
Who are we? The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) group builds and operates software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many millions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised we would get it to them. We do this by building automated solutions (using linear optimization systems) to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well. Capacity Optimization Planning and Analysis is a group within AFT that builds and maintains real-time models of the capacity and constraints within Amazon Fulfillment Centers with the on-time package delivery while driving continuous improvement and cost-optimization.
As a member of this team, you will get the opportunity to own and deliver highly visible, innovative projects that directly impact the customer experience. You will be involved in driving increasing automation in how Amazon fulfills its orders, as well as all the aspects of the software development cycle including scoping, design, implementation, testing & delivery of your product. This position has great opportunity for growth as Amazon increasingly automates its fulfillment center operations.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top