Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Come join the team behind Alexa, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices to enable a superior product.
Our team is responsible for scaling Alexa. We encourage bold exploration of interactions and experiments that push innovation and use these learnings to bolster the foundation of best practice reference design patterns that foster a consistent, efficient, and familiar cross-product experience.
You will work among a team with opportunities to shape our products and lead the charge as we play a major role in the evolution of Alexa. Your time with us will be impactful, and your vision, creativeness and engineering output adopted by teams across Amazon and beyond.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing products, a strong technical ability, project management skills, solid communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and have a creative flair for achieving the impossible.
• Build scalable solutions for complex business and engineering problems.
• Key contributor to engineering systems and software development life-cycle.
• Ownership of projects that operate cross-functionally with multiple engineering, design and product teams.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against defined schedules and milestones.
• Mentorship and knowledge share with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to complex problems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering
• 8+ years experience with leadership among software development teams, with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
• Experience delivering cross-functional projects
• MS in Computer Science
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience with EC2, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB and S3.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top