Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is building its own world-class personalization platform and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance marketing products and features. The team is building a single technology stack to support marketing campaign creation, and build a large-scale, algorithmically driven planning and performance-based system. Among other challenges the team owns are where, when, and to whom we serve marketing. Our products are strategically important to Amazon Web Services businesses driving long-term growth.
As a Software Development Engineer II, you will own the design and implementation of significant portions of the product development, and serve as an owner for creating a real-time omni-channel orchestration and personalization platform. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are key requirements. Creating a reliable and high performance product requires exceptional technical expertise. You should be someone who enjoys building highly scalable, customer-centric, and efficient applications.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building complex software systems for end users.
• Mastery of software engineering best practices.
• Strong experience on distributed systems and web services design and implementation.
• Thorough understanding of Internet protocols, service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, including mentoring more junior engineers.
• High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• AWS product experience and development on the AWS platform.
• Experience with enterprise-level MarTech platforms. (Adobe Target, Adobe CQ, Marketo, Salesforce, etc.)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top