Software Development Engineer
- Seoul, South Korea
Do you want to influence the experience of millions of customers? Do you want to work in a collaborative environment that impacts products from across the company? Our team owns services that enable customers to track and control their deliveries on Amazon retail sites. As a member of this team, you will design and develop software to collaborate with Amazon's numerous backend systems and directly impact customers. Your solutions will provide the data needed to anticipate and resolve customer's questions before they are asked. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with business partners and guide the design of our systems. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, sorting/searching algorithms, and order analysis
• Experience with Distributed system design and development
• Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices
• Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top