AWS Perimeter Protection develops new services that defend Internet-facing applications against evolving threats. We build everything from low-level packet inspection hardware/software to customer-facing AWS services to globally distributed systems capable of mitigating the world's largest and most sophisticated DDoS and application attacks. Our unique technology and innovative services such as AWS Shield, AWS WAF and AWS Firewall Manager monitor and defend some of the largest customers and networks in the world.
We are currently building a brand-new service and need talented Software Development Engineers like you to help us bring it across the finish line!
Join us if...
• You want to play a leading role, influencing how we design, develop, build, deploy and support new services.
• You care deeply about delighting customers and building high quality software. Our leadership principles (http://www.amazon.jobs/principles) empower us to act and challenge us never to accept the status quo.
• You want to work in a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day!
There are few teams in the world that develop critical cybersecurity attack mitigation capabilities at our scale. We are working with customers, gathering requirements, designing, building, supporting and iterating quickly to meet their needs.
Successful candidates will enjoy distributed systems design, and have outstanding analytical skills and communication ability. They will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and be comfortable interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams. Does that sound like you? If so, we encourage you to apply!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Proven programming ability in C/C++, Python, and/or Java
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Experience working in Linux based environments
• Experience working on large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems
• Technical experience in networking or web application security
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age