Do you want to own cutting-edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
We are looking for Software Development Engineers (SDEs) who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems at scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers.
At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Proficient in at least one of: Java, C# or other statically compiled language
• Experience with one or more scripting languages: Ruby, Python, etc.
• 3+ years of experience as a key member of an engineering team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Strong examples demonstrating past work experience, deliverables and/or innovation across a broad range of methods
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s)
• Graduate degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.