Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
We're making Alexa help even better for our customers with disabilities or special needs. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us and make a impact on the lives of our customers!
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave. We deliver world-class products on aggressive schedules that are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. We're looking for engineers that are excited about the capabilities Alexa can provide for people with disabilities or special needs. Ideally you would be a full stack engineer with strengths in both front-end and large-scale service development.
• Server and front-end application software development, design and prototyping
• Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• Work closely with product and design teams to build and/or enhance Alexa's accessibility features
• Implement custom user interfaces using the latest mobile programming techniques
• Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
• 3+ years of experience building, shipping, and maintaining production software systems
• BS or MS in CS or related field
• 3+ years of experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience with efficient engineering practices like CI/CD and automation.
• Strong technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web mobile app development
• Experience with multi-threading and mobile device memory management
• Experience influencing software engineers' best practices within your team
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top