Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
AWS Snowball is changing how customers move to the cloud. A highly secure, petabyte-scale data transport solution, Snowball is an appliance and service that can transfer up to petabytes of data into and out of the AWS Cloud; industry response has been tremendous. We are building new products that will accelerate customer's journey to the could and are looking for Software Development Engineers (SDEs) like you to help us design and build these innovative new products.
The AWS Snowball storage appliance is a highly secure, shippable device that is able to survive 8.5+ G drops, is its own weather proof shipping container, and has onboard sensors and an integrated display to make it easy for customers to adopt and use. The solution includes client software that runs on customer's Windows, Mac, and Linux machines, device operating system and server software, and back end services that leverage other AWS services to deliver value to customers.
As a key technical leader on the team you will
• Design and Develop Algorithms/Systems: We build algorithms and systems that operate at scale. Our systems range from providing easy to use, high capacity service to protection from the most sophisticated attackers.
• Measure and Improve: We obsess on identifying new ways to measure the effectiveness of our solutions and ways to improve them. We Identify areas of improvement in our frameworks, tools, processes and strive to make them better. We continually evaluate our success metrics and evolve our reporting systems.
• Lead the design, architecture and development of the Snowball family of products: You will own all-new features from inception through development and release. Our team sets high standards for ourselves but believe work should be fun. You will learn plenty from your future teammates while finding us eager to learn from you as well. This is a great opportunity to work on a diverse set of technologies while expanding your technical depth and breadth.
The goal of our work in the hardware, software, and logistic systems design is to make petabyte scale import and movement to the cloud simple, secure, inexpensive, and fast.
Moving enterprise size data and workflows to the cloud quickly, securely, and cost-effectively is a huge challenge for many customers. We are eagerly looking for inventive SDEs to help us complete the journey we have begun. Come help us build this service from the ground up; this is an opportunity to be part of a 'greenfield' effort and build truly innovative solutions for customers moving to the cloud.
Join a start-up team that is driven to serve customers, smart, hardworking, and fun.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Our entire team is co-located in the Seattle office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members truly enjoy mentoring others through one-on-one sessions helping them with their career growth.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week in every six to eight weeks. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our products are exceeding customer expectations. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the issue and ensure that root cause is addressed systemically.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top