Software Development Engineer
- Austin, TX
Would you like to help one of AWS's largest customers - Amazon - to architect and build its next generation of services securely in the cloud? How about working with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon's business on cool new features? Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems in the cloud or a software developer who likes to solve business problems, GRC Engineering is the place for you.
The GRC Engineering group is responsible for building tools to support the auditing and evaluation of customer and corporate data. We're connected to all parts of Amazon's business and it's massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We enable the Amazon business to build, architect and operate their enterprise scale systems securely on AWS.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is excited about leading the technical vision and architecture for auditing and monitoring Amazon's growing resource footprint in AWS. You will innovate in areas such as enterprise scale resource management in the cloud, real time cloud intelligence, and build systems that make it easy for global teams to define build requirements, regardless of where their service or dependencies are hosted.
You will partner with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence and impact Amazon's software stack on AWS. You will also have the unique opportunity to provide inputs to the next generation of AWS services by representing one of its largest enterprise customers, Amazon.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Master's Degree in computer science or related field
• Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in cloud platforms such as AWS
• Experience with Java, React, and web based technologies
• Experience in an engineering leadership position where you have been the owner of a technical architecture with other engineers working under your guidance.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications that have been successfully delivered to customers
Back to top