Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Speech team is a group of scientists and developers working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon's products and services. The team's mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) and natural language understanding (NLU) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. If developing scalable distributed web services excites you and you revel in thinking about well architected code we¹d love to talk to you!
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
- Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Computer Science fundamentals
- 4+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
- Programming in C, C++ and/or Java in Linux and/or Windows environment.
- Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- BS or higher in computer science, math or other related disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top