Do you enjoy solving complex problems with simple solutions? Would you like to help us innovate on behalf of Amazon's Digital and Device customers? Device, Digital and Alexa Support (D2AS) technology organization is seeking an experienced software development engineer to join the engineering team. The D2AS vision is to create innovative support experiences for customers of Amazon's devices and digital products, through intelligent self-service solutions and enabling our tech-support organization with tools and technology. The job will give you direct experience building software included on the Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire, and Amazon mobile apps, helping millions on customers around the world.
As a software development engineer, you will be :
- Solve difficult engineering problems with elegant and practical code.
- Help define engineering best practices and providing technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
- Be a champion for the customer and ensuring their needs always come first.
- Design and build software for mobile, front end clients and server systems.
- Industry-leading technical abilities showcasing a breadth and depth of technical knowledge
- The ability to build good working relationships within the team by communicating clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to seemingly impossible engineering problems
- A passion to work with smart home devices.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience building large scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience working with consumer smart home devices.
- Experience with iOS and Android development