Are you a passionate, talented software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission-critical, high volume solutions that customers love? Come build the future with us and make a positive impact on our customer experience around the globe.
Alexa and Devices is interested in you! We are now hiring software development engineers across many diverse teams at Amazon in Seattle. As part of our "Best Fit" hiring process, you only submit one application, and you will be automatically considered for multiple software engineer job opportunities that match your preferences. Then, you choose your team!
As a software development engineer on Amazon's many diverse teams, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. Grow your career and gain opportunities to invent and innovate new technologies, solve highly complex problems at scale, and deliver game-changing products and services.
You will design and implement critical features in either front-end, back-end, or full-stack interfaces/systems for consumer or internal-facing products, depending on the team you choose. Your standards of the software built will be high, since it has the potential be extended for multiple use cases, for even greater impact. As an effective communicator, you understand the requirements of your customers and stakeholders and drive consensus between multiple teams to deliver software effectively. You are curious to learn new and complex technologies and willing to train new teammates on how the team's software works.
Sound like you? Our tech teams hiring in Seattle want to hear from you. Amazon teams based in Seattle include, Alexa Experiences, Entertainment, AI Engineering, and Device Software.
Save time. One job application. Many opportunities. You choose your team. Apply below for all open software development engineer roles! We have locations across the US States, WA, CA, CO, TX, BOS, VA. We have openings in Toronto and Vancouver, Canada as well!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can save time by being considering for multiple software development engineer openings, at the same level, across various Amazon teams through our "Best Fit" process.
Here's how our "Best Fit" Hiring Process works:
1. Submit your application by clicking below - this is for all open jobs in Seattle.
2. Complete and pass your online assessment, and share personal preferences such as tech stack, work style, and more.
3. Interview with a group of Amazonians in consideration for several open software development engineer jobs that match your preferences.
4. Pass the interviews successfully and get matched to jobs based on your preferences.
5. Choose your team!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.