Does the challenge of advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that drives billions of dollars in revenue excite you? Have you ever wanted to work on problems that will make a lasting impact, solving key problems that impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers? If you are passionate about solving complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you.
The T1 Seller Development (T1SD) organization owns the charter to drive WW seller growth on Amazon stores. Our products are strategically important for achieving long term ambitious growth for our partners, and our organization's initiatives are highly visible to executive leadership. We will accomplish ambitious growth goals through building innovative and scalable technical products and platform.
We are seeking passionate software development engineers to join our team to build the core growth recommendation platform that pioneers the best seller growth experience. This is a great opportunity to build a greenfield large scale software system that serves as the foundation of our vision for the years to come.
As an SDE on our start-up team, you will be building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support sellers around the world on Amazon. The ideal candidate should have a very strong customer focus coupled with a passion for continuous, data driven improvements. They should have a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems. A commitment to mentoring, teamwork, agility, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance services requires exceptional technical expertise and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals.
If you like designing and building from the ground up, having no legacy code to maintain, insisting on high standards and having a strong commitment to teamwork you'll fit right in!
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 3+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer;
- Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong passion for delivering high-quality software.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer;
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Elastic Search, Spark, Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift and Amazon Athena
- Experience building distributed software systems;
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing platforms;
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices;
- Strong focus on clean code and robust design.