Software Development Engineer
- Chennai, India
Amazon.com is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer to join the Digital Content and Commerce Analytics team. you will be involved in enabling digital intelligence to several Amazon business teams.
We specialize in building analytics and data engineering related products specifically around data privacy, metadata management, customer cohorts, and advanced self-serve analytics. We serve more than 2000 internal customers across 120 teams in Amazon. We are seeking a software development engineer with a strong knowledge of distributed systems to build enterprise-scale, mission-critical, multi-tiered applications using tools that are well out in front on the technology wave.
As a Software Development Engineer, this person will lead the architecture and development of high-scale web services and workflows. A successful candidate will have an established background in designing and developing back-end web services, strong technical skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, high creativity, and great analytical reasoning skills.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Experience designing and developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C/C++, C#, Java and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate).
- Experience mentoring junior engineers and leading through others
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
Strengths in coding, data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and designing for performance, scalability, availability, internet and OS security fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in delivering high-quality and innovative applications.
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets.
Back to top