Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Want to join one of the hottest growing teams at Amazon? The Business to Business (B2B) market is ripe for innovation and Amazon Business (www.amazon.com/business) aims to disrupt the way buying and selling happens between businesses and suppliers. We provide business customers everything they love about Amazon, for work. We are focused on building a unique shopping experience for business users and business sellers with access to hundreds of millions of products world-wide, business-only selection, free two-day shipping, business and quantity pricing, new payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated customer support and much more. We've grown a lot in the 3 years since our launch and become one of the most promising opportunities within Amazon. Go ahead and read about us on any of your favorite media outlets!
We need engineers who can step into this environment and help us build cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support businesses around the world selling on Amazon. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial team building applications to disrupt the B2B e-commerce segment. You will participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance. You will evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools, and you'll coach and mentor junior development engineers. We work in an entrepreneurial environment and deliver value incrementally and frequently. We are still in the early stages of development, so you will be in on the ground floor. If you are a candidate with a strong sense of ownership, passion and drive to delight customers, come join us!
Suppliers are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth's largest selection and lowest prices. Would you like to join a team working on something even bigger? This is a unique opportunity to be part of the Amazon Business team that is responsible for building a successful multi-billion dollar Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace for Amazon, from the ground up.
The B2B Supplier organization develops solutions that enable sellers around the world to sell. These solutions include the software platform and applications that drive demand generation, customer acquisition, seller integration, customer relationship management, business analytics, and the inventory and order management functions necessary for sellers to manage their business online at Amazon.com.
Our team is made up of people like you. People who are:
Entrepreneurial We build solutions for all sellers, regardless of size. In fact, many of us are sellers ourselves. Innovative Our problem space evolves every day due to scale, new categories and new geographies. There is no playbook for a Marketplace of this size, so innovation and creativity are a must.
Passionate We are passionate about our customers, both sellers and buyers. Everyone's an owner at Amazon, and our team is no exception. Our business is growing fast and the pace is even faster.
Leaders We recognize the desire for people to lead, whether it is the development of a new feature or ownership of a new category. We invest in our team members, providing challenging roles with significant responsibility. Coaching and mentoring is taken seriously to ensure we continue to build a company we can be extremely proud of.
As a software engineer in the team, you will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial team building applications to disrupt the B2B e-commerce segment. You will participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance. You will evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools, and you'll coach and mentor junior development engineers. We work in an entrepreneurial environment and deliver value incrementally and frequently. We are still in the early stages of development, so it is going to be Day1 everyday.\ If you are a candidate with a strong sense of ownership, passion and drive to delight customers, come join us!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems including AWS and other cloud technologies
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Customer Obsessed
Back to top