Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to be part of a team that designs and implements critical payment related services for Amazon with air-tight security and five-nine availability, that serves millions of requests per minute? Do you want to be part of a fun group that explores cutting edge technology, with a culture of learning from each other and developing each other? Do you want to be part of an organization that is in the center of projects that shape the future of the payments industry? If you answer yes to any of the questions above, this position is for you! Your work will be visible among company's senior executives.
As a software development engineer, you will:
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed services that secure and serve customers' payment data, support cool new initiatives such as mobile payment, and provide first-class customer experience on Amazon's websites and mobile devices.
• Be part of the team designing, implementing, and testing major features of the next generation of Amazon's payments platform.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Back to top