Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
We're building the next-generation of commerce APIs at Amazon. Our team provides core purchasing systems that enable businesses like Prime, Kindle, and Twitch to provide innovative purchasing experiences to our customers.
As an engineer on the team, you may:
• Design and implement new REST or GraphQL APIs
• Build self-service tools for business partners or client engineers
• Lead performance, fault-tolerance, and operational improvements
• Improve existing APIs
Our systems currently support more than 20 business lines. In the next few years, we plan to build services that will scale to support hundreds of businesses. We're just getting started and we're looking for an engineer who likes hard problems to join us.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
• 2+ years developing and operating production systems
• Computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
• Expertise in one or more programming language (e.g. Kotlin, Java, C#, Python)
• Experience developing and operating high-volume, low-latency, fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Experience building public-facing REST or GraphQL APIs
• Experience with the JVM, particularly Kotlin and Java
• Familiarity with AWS technologies like EC2, DynamoDB, etc.
Back to top