Software Development Engineer
Ever wonder how AWS is scaling day by day, solving a mystery and building a history? Would like to be part of solving another mystery and building a history? Come join us in building a new federated billing platform for all AWS non-metered services. This is a complex service with many dependencies that needs out of the box thinking.
This is a ground breaking opportunity where-in you will architect and build a new federated platform in highly configurable, self-service based, horizontally and vertically scalable using AWS technologies. You think big, handle ambiguity, yet deliver customer-delighting results. You are ready to be full stack developer. This is a one-off opportunity that involves designing and creating an application from the ground up. You will closely work with the business customers and your work will have direct impact on customer onboarding process with this federated platform. You are someone who bring holistic view and end to end ownership to his/her work and enjoys working with multiple technologies concurrently. You are sort of person who thrives in an environment where you have to be inventive every day because no one has done what you're doing before!
If this sound's as per your heart's desire, then you are reading right job description.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing.
In this role, you will…
- Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
- Architect new, big data and machine learning features that drive real-time data processing solutions under demanding performance thresholds.
- Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire services team for development.
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
- Mentor your team members to promote engineering excellence
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience in building large scale, multi-tiered, distributed applications.
- Core Competency in Java and related technologies.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems
- Experience developing large scale services on AWS such as Amazon DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, IAM, Glacier, Redshift, Athena.
- Has lead high-impact, cross team impacting architectural design decisions, and guide senior engineers by setting examples to deliver solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Has sense of strong ownership, and engineering mindset to change the way how the business is executed to positively impact the future.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top