Software Development Engineer (C++)
Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device and Kindle Content is one of the most innovative and fast growing business at Amazon. Our vision with the Kindle is to make every book ever published, in any language, available to Kindle customers instantly. In order to make this possible, we are looking for experienced software development engineers, with a passion for solving complex technical problems and create superior reading experiences, to be part of the Rendering and Type Engineering team.
The Software Engineer will contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of C++ software across multiple OS platforms.
- Building new features that improve customers experience
- Coming up with new layout algorithms and solution
- Preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications.
- Understanding the internals of Layout/Graphics subsystems.
- Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in OOP, C++, Data Structures, Algorithms, Device Software Development etc.
- iOS or Android or Embedded Linux experience a plus.
- Text Rendering and Layout Engines knowledge is a plus
- Graphics knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of memory management and performance optimizations is a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top