Are you a seasoned software engineer who thinks a lot about the development experience, for yourself and others? Have you been a champion for getting or creating better tools for your team? AWS Builder Tools is hiring for a unique role: you'll be joining an early-stage team, and have a voice in setting a new direction for developer productivity, container and serverless development at Amazon, and building rapid development tools. You'll make a direct impact: helping create the future of software development, for tens of thousands of world-class software engineers at Amazon.
On this team, you'll help build and launch an internal Amazon-wide container registry, help advance the state of the art for containers at Amazon, and make developers' experience coding for containers and Lambdas rapid and delightful. You will partner with your manager and leadership, and be a hands-on engineer in a dedicated team.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Multiple years of experience in one or more mainstream object-oriented and/or functional language
• Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with all aspects of the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Successfully built complex software systems and delivered to customers
• Experience building and running production software systems on AWS, Azure or GCP, particularly containers and serverless functions
• Experience managing production infrastructure as code (like CloudFormation or Terraform)
• Proven ability to deliver and excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
• Experience mentoring other engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.