Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience. Serving millions of customer page views and orders per day, eCF builds for scale.
The Business Data Technologies (BDT) group within eCF is at the center of Amazon's data-driven culture with the responsibility for managing the largest analytics platform as well as providing data and data curation capabilities to thousands of internal and external customers worldwide. We provide enterprise solutions that focus on compliance, security, integrity, and cost efficiency of operating and managing Amazon's core data.
We are looking for highly motivated and technical software development engineers to build new strategic multi-year data security products. This is a hands-on position where you will do everything from designing and building extremely scalable components and cutting-edge features to formulating strategy and direction for Big Data at Amazon. You will also mentor junior engineers and work with the most sophisticated customers in the business to help them get the best results. As a software development engineer, you will work to define, design, and develop next generation of data access management capabilities including global identity management, data access , auditing, and machine learning-backed monitoring solutions to prevent and protect Amazon's data. Our mission includes providing a platform for auditable data access control that supports engineers and across Amazon's Consumer, Digital, and Other (CDO) organization. Amazon's CDO organization includes a variety of large and growing businesses. It is inclusive of the Consumer site, the fulfillment centers, TV and Movie Studios, Prime Video, Devices (Alexa, Kindle, FireTV), IMDB, Zappos, Whole Foods, and many other businesses.
The successful candidate is one who loves working with a diverse group of engineers and business stakeholders to understand their needs, and design solutions that provide the security controls for massively scalable and globally systems that exist both in AWS and CDO.
Come help us build for the future of Big Data!
Key responsibilities include:
• Keeping your finger on the pulse of the constantly evolving and growing Big Data field.
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Delivering systems and features with top-notch quality, on time
• Stay current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
This position may be located in Vancouver Canada. Relocation available.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience taking a lead role in architecture, designing, and building complex software systems
• Experience with Big Data technologies
• Experience with data security, compliance, identity & access management
• Linux, UNIX, UNIX tools
• Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Experience in communicating with customers, technical, business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
• Experience with large scale systems
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
• Experience working with AWS technologies like Dynamo DB, Redshift, S3, IAM.
• Experience working with data security tools (e.g., Apache Ranger)
• Experience mentoring Junior Engineers.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us