Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art Big Data, Query and Serverless systems that will make a lasting impact on technology? Do you have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing extensible, cutting edge query technologies to customers around the world? Come join the Amazon Timestream, a brand new, high-scale distributed database service that is poised to disrupt the industry!
What is Timestream?
Timestream is a fast, scalable, fully-managed time series database service that makes it easy to store and analyze trillions of events per day in a cost-efficient manner. We are developing innovative new capabilities from the ground up that will transform the way customers analyze their data while also giving them high performance, low costs, and exceptional ease-of-use.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you'll deliver large-scale, high performance production systems, design new software systems of distributed database technology, and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business results. You will have the opportunity to develop deep expertise in areas like distributed systems, query engines, open source applications and performance optimization and high scale control plane architectures.
If you are interested in designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems, have a high quality bar and a passion for solving challenging problems, we need you! Come innovate with us!
Open to working remote temporarily during pandemic.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience coding in one of the following programming languages: Java, C, C++, Go, or Scala
- Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
- 2+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and operation of scalable system software and/or services
- Good understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
- Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns or other client/server interaction models
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience with serverless, big data, ETL technologies at scale.
- Proficiency with open source technologies such as Presto, Hive, Apache Spark, or Apache Impala.
- Familiarity with JDBC/ODBC, SQL query processing, and distributed query engines including query optimization
- Experience in measuring and improving system performance and efficiency
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for SDLC management, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience communicating with customers, peer technical teams, and management, to collect requirements, describe product features, and influence outcomes in technical decision-making.
- Master's degree, PhD, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.