Software Development Engineer, Big Data
Amazon is re-inventing its close process to produce daily financial results. To make it possible, Amazon's Finance Technology (FinTech) team will redesign the accounting close to provide businesses the financial information they need throughout the month. This team will build a platform to provide billions of near real-time business and finance events, and use that to generate aggregated reports such as daily profit and loss. We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer to design and build this large-scale near real time data ingestion, computation and prediction engine, and a business facing platform for finance teams across all Amazon business lines. He or she will work across Amazon engineering teams and business teams, such as Finance, Tax and Accounting, across the globe, in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform across multiple geographies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of software development experience with Java, Python, Ruby, or C#/C++
- Well versed in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
- Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Expertise in professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Solid competencies in computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Masters or Phd in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems and service oriented architecture.
- Experience working with big data platforms and machine learning.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top