Amazon has come a long way since opening on the World Wide Web in July 1995. Today, we operate retail websites in multiple countries across geographies, offering products in many categories (books, media, digital, electronics etc.) worldwide, and we still like to work hard, have fun and make history! The Amazon.com brand has become synonymous with a superior level of convenience, selection, low prices, and customer service.
Amazon's global fulfillment network enables any merchant in any of the geography ship items that you order on Amazon, to any place on earth. There are a variety of ways in which we can acquire items from vendors to our warehouses, ship items from one location to another, and several intermediate locations through which the package travels before reaching the customer. There are millions of such packages, each with different attributes, and different delivery requirements. What results is a highly dense graph of source, intermediate and destination nodes, with arcs between them representing possible paths for packages, with different costs and times along each arc. Accounting for all these constraints, and maximizing the number of shipments shipped, while minimizing cost, providing a variety of delivery options and maximizing delivery performance is Transportation Engineering's primary focus.
Transportation Financial Systems (TFS) owns the technology components that perform the financial activities for transportation business. These systems are used across all transportation programs and retail expansion to new geographies. TFS systems provide invoice creation & management, expense auditing, accounting, payments and cost allocation functions. Our vision is to reconcile every dollar in transportation financial accounts with zero manual entries or corrections. The goal is to develop global product suite for all freight modes touching every single package movement across Amazon. Our mission is to abstract logistics complexities from financial world and financial complexities from logistics world. There are ample opportunities in the team to build domain expertise in financial system as well as transportation.
We have embarked on a journey to develop our next generation product suite and our roadmap has challeging items like learning to provide deep insights into our transportation operations for efficient resource utilization, prioritization and auto-resolution of disputes. We are looking for enthusiastic engineers who are looking to make an impact and create products that guarantee transaction accuracy while operating at high scale.
We are a global team and build our solutions for global use.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
• Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Java, and/or C++), preferably on Linux
• Proven understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
• Proficient in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
• Experience designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment