Software Development Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
Are you interested in software development, Linux, scalable systems, Virtualization and cloud computing? Continue reading or reach out to us with your application; we're happy to tell you more about it.
At the Amazon Dev Center in Bucharest we're looking for passionate builders to join our engineering teams working at the operating system, virtualization, and platform technologies that power AWS. You will be part of a solid engineering team that has the feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to drive innovation, work on complex technical challenges, be in touch with operations, and engineer systems on a massive scale. You will be surrounded by people who are smart and who believe that best service is critical to customer success. Your work will focus on creating, extending, and improving AWS compute platforms.
Key responsibilities include working backwards from customer needs, developing end-to-end software solutions for EC2, deploying these solutions in production, as well as maintaining these solutions for the long term.
• BS/BA in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Interest, knowledge, or experience in the areas low-level software engineering and/or systems programming.
• Hands-on experience focused in the areas of low-level software engineering and/or systems programming, for example with Linux, C, C++, or Rust.
• Skilled in the typical Linux toolbox of open source software development and administration tools.
• A solid understanding of Linux networking and OS internals.
• Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
• Passionate about working in the open source community.
Back to top