Software Development Engineer
- New York, NY
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutionsincluding sponsored, display, video, and custom adsleverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Forecasting and dynamic pricing team builds end-to-end solutions including data pipelines, machine learning models, large scale data structures and indexes, advertiser recommendations (bids, products) and data visualizations. We match supply (human eyeballs) and demand (advertisers interests) in thousands of audience targeting dimensions, and recommend optimal prices.
The team is seeking an experienced backend and data engineer, who will own backend data pipelines, indexing systems and service & API layer application support. These systems are to be used by hundreds of internal and tens of thousands of self-serve external users. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a passion for backend, data and service architecture and engineering.
In this role, you will:
• Own and build large-scale data processing and indexing pipelines
• Own development stack of applications and strive to use new technology packages
• Own services and their health, performance and service-level metrics
• Collaborate with business and product partners to build applications
In this team, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, in our offices located in downtown Palo Alto, California.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, Python
• Experience with large-scale data processing and management frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark
• Experience in backend and server-side development concepts such as multi-threading, concurrency, and fleet management.
• Experience in database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, and Redshift
• Experience with distributed indexing and storage systems such as Roaring Bitmaps, Redis, and ElasticSearch
• Masters or equivalent degrees in Computer Sceince or related field desired
Back to top