Software Development Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
Are you interested in building the next generation analytical data platform for AWS Support? Are you interested in making a massive and measurable difference in a vibrant business for the leading edge cloud adopters in the world? We are looking for passionate and talented Software Engineers like yourself who will help us build first class highly available and scalable data platforms and real world production systems to do just that.
AWS Kumo Software is a dynamic and rapidly growing development organization within Amazon Web Services. We are building the next generation diagnostic and troubleshooting systems for the paradigm shifting cloud computing industry. AWS Kumo applications encompass a variety of technical areas such as information retrieval, data mining, big data and machine learning. An example application is AWS Trusted Advisor, which performs data mining for customers and gives precise recommendations on cost optimization, security, fault tolerance and performance.
As a developer working on AWS Kumo Software, you will get firsthand experience interacting across all AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, DynamoDB and others. You will be surrounded by people who are extremely smart and passionate about cloud computing. Our work has an impact across all AWS customers from Netflix to NASA.
The AWS Kumo Software team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of a R&D Lab, the work-life balance of a mature organization, and technical challenges at the scale of AWS. We offer a playground of opportunities for builders to build and make history!
• Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
• 7+ years of professional software development experience.
• Fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Object Oriented Design, Data Structures and Algorithms
• 7+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Past experience in at least one of the following areas - big data, data mining, text analysis or machine learning.
• Understanding of system design, distributed systems, serverless computing, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
• Practical experience writing large scale web applications including architectural decisions, language choices, frameworks and implementation
• Knowledge and prior use of AWS services.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Experience with Big-data Analytics and Machine Learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top