Software Development Engineer
- Columbia, MO
Join the Alexa devices team to help redefine the future of voice-enabled smart speakers and smart display products. With Alexa, the voice service that powers Echo and other devices, customers can play music, control their smart homes, and get information, news, weather, recipes, and more using just their voice. The Alexa devices team focuses on the software that powers the customer experience. This software includes the middleware and applications, on products like our Amazon Echo, Echo Show, Alexa on Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and partners like the Lenovo Smart Tab with Amazon Alexa.
Alexa is a tremendous success story and one of the most innovative/fastest-growing businesses within Amazon. Alexa device software developers are leading the development of innovative speech-forward experiences/solutions for the voice-assistant industry. However, we have barely scratched the surface and are just getting started. We'd love to have you join us and bring innovative experiences to millions of customers.
As a Software Development Engineer on our team, you will be a full-stack developer with an opportunity to engineer distributed systems, algorithms, and embedded software. You will influence our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and champion the best practices that enable a high-quality product. You will design and deliver software components for scalability, performance, and reliability to millions of Alexa devices.
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Invent new experiences for our customers
• Collaborate with UX and Product owners to define the customer experience and product direction
• Optimize software libraries for low latency, CPU and memory footprint
• Deliver high-quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment
While not required, your experience with C/C++/Rust/Kotlin-native/Java will be an advantage. As part of our team, you will work in the most cutting-edge build toolchain and the most advanced/efficient software release process.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 3+ years experience in CS fundamentals including algorithms, runtime analysis, OO design, code quality.
• Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to drive and articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to create advanced architectures and sustainable solutions.
• Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
• Familiarity with working in an Agile environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top