Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Seller Pricing builds the platform, products and algorithms that are key for the optimization of seller set prices on Amazon. Our group's systems control the dynamics of all of 3P products on Amazon, from specifying promotion structures to dispatching price changes on billions of products on Amazon in real time.
We are working on building next generation tools and software to help our sellers make informed pricing actions. This requires a wide range of skills or aptitude to learn new technologies like :
(a) build large scale high quality systems that can react/record 50K events/sec and render the information on seller facing UI with low latency.
(b) knack of solving technology problems in simplistic manner with an eye for innovation.
There is abundance of problems/opportunities in this space and Pricing is one of the top key strategy areas on Amazon marketplace. We are looking for smart, agile, and strong problem solvers who have burning passion for writing great software and solving big data problems.
We are looking for talented software development engineers who are eager to shine by designing and developing world-class solutions. The engineering candidate wants to have ownership of a domain to deliver meaning results to the customers. As an organization, we work hard to not only deliver results but invest in each team member's career and skill sets goals. Additionally, we encourage the use of new technologies such as machine learning when the technology provides a clear advantage.
Successful candidates for this position will have a strong background in designing and developing world-class micro services in Java, C++, C#, Python, NodeJS or Ruby. Equally important to these specific candidate skills are excellent written and verbal communication skills both with the team and external teams, the ability to multi-task, the ability to translate business requirements to engineering requirements, the ability adapt quickly to new environments and using creativity to solve difficult problems in a world-class engineering team.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech degree in computer science or related fields, or equivalent experience, is required.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise.
• 3 - 8 years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Writing best quality code, following engineering best practices, doing effective code reviews and coaching the team to follow highest standards in developing solutions.
• Strong customer obsession and ownership to drive projects and deliver results.
• Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast paced environment
• Self-directed, demonstrate executive potential and a team player
• Motivated to provide the best customer experience via technology
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
• Experience with scalable distributed systems and service oriented architectures
• Experience in building large scale distributed systems is plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with stake holders and partner teams
• By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top