Software Development Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art computer vision and applied machine learning that will make a lasting impact on society?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is seeking an innovation and results-oriented Software Development Engineer in our Textract team. Amazon Textract (https://aws.amazon.com/textract/) is a new AWS service that launched in Nov. 2018 and provides deep learning-based document image analysis.
The engineering team owns the full service stack and solves challenging problems around scaling, efficiency, and reliability to make sure our customers discover content they care about. We are constantly adding new capabilities to the service. The goal is to be the bleeding edge of a highly scalable technology that can analyze billions of images daily and provide rich analytics.
This role requires strong technical expertise with a background in computer vision, excellent leadership and communication, and hands-on skills. If you are excited about the future of computer vision and building new customer experiences, we want to hear from you!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent industry experience.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Actively practicing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Domain knowledge of Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning
• Experience working in a software as a service environment (e-commerce or other high scale services)
• Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
• Experience creating new successful REST APIs and SDKs delivered in multiple languages
• Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top