Software Development Engineer, Batch
The Amazon Web Services High Performance Computing (HPC) team is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDEs) to help drive the development of new features, functionality, and capabilities for AWS Batch. AWS Batch is developed by a newly formed team building a core set of offerings that allow our customers to plan, schedule, and execute batch computing workloads across the full range of AWS compute services and capabilities. Are you interested in enabling the coolest scientific and medical research teams out there to make the next big breakthrough? Or perhaps post-production houses to produce movies and other works of art? As a part of the HPC org you'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced agile environment. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a global scale, while touching and influencing large parts of the consumed AWS services. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate, and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success. You will design and build the features that will support some of the most important initiatives our customers are working on. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the opportunities that AWS Batch provides our customers, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality sustainable solutions when priorities shift fast, working as a team or independently as the situation dictates. If you're looking to solve challenging technical problems and create great products for customers, then this is the right role for you! To learn more about AWSBatch: [https://aws.amazon.com/batch https://aws.amazon.com/batch]
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software development experience in a modern programming language, e.g. C, C++, Go, Java
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and object-oriented design
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up like development environment
- Passion for building and operating highly-available services
- Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Development experience with Java-based web services
- Experience with design/architecting large-scale distributed systems
- Hardware or Operating System Virtualization Experience
- Strong customer focus
- Working knowledge of batch schedulers and cluster management
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of Linux fundamentals.
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top