Device Ad Products is a business initiative focused on monetizing Amazon owned and operated devices. To do this, we are continuously expanding and improving a premium advertising platform that is unlike any that exists today. Our group functions as a start-up within Amazon, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our Device Ad Platform. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who enjoys working on large scale, high performance, data processing and real-time optimization problems. Working with other exceptional engineers, you will have ample opportunity to learn and utilize various programming languages, design patterns, AWS services, and open source frameworks to solve interesting engineering problems. You will also lean on your technical expertise to bring a new perspective that will help us evolve and innovate.
You will need to think creatively and strategically about our business, and work together with other engineers, technical program managers, and product managers to identify and execute on the most promising opportunities. You will be responsible for defining high-level architecture, for writing world-class software, and for helping us to continually adjust and improve our software development practices and processes. Your success will be measured by your ability to build feature sets that deliver a strong user experience for Kindle customers, attract and retain advertisers, generate positive feedback from those advertisers, and that unlock revenue opportunities.
Join us today, and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 6+ months professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in creating complex SQL queries utilizing best query-writing practices.
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Strong written/spoken communication skills
• Coding experience in Python and Scala
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.