Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for engineers to deliver voice-driven experiences for a new Alexa Smart Home area. You will play a key role in defining and building high-scale cloud based services, creating an architecture that leverages ML and other inputs to deliver a compelling experience for consumers and developers.
We have a team full of exceptional engineers, great work-life balance, and a collaborative team culture. You will also have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the world of smart phones less than 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live.
If this sounds like fun, let's talk!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS in Computer Science, or equivalent background in data structures, algorithms, - design and systems architecture.
• 2+ years of professional software development experience.
• Experience with an object oriented language (Java, C#, C++, python or other) or functional programming language (Lisp, Clojure, Haskell, F# or other)
• 3+ years professional experience building and operating scalable distributed systems across the lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance is preferred.
• Experience with defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces is a plus.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top