Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
You'll be building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to enable merchants to deliver orders to their customers with incredible speed. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building the next generation of a fulfillment solution for 3rd party merchants and brand owners.
We're going to face challenging and interesting problems. We're going to argue about how to solve them, and we'll work together to find a solution that is superior to each of the proposals we came in with. We'll make tough decisions, but we'll understand why - you'll be part of the team and together we'll impact the lives of our sellers.
This Software Development position is for F3 group, where innovation and the latest technologies merge to build brand new features and capabilities for sellers.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top